Thursday, December 22, 2011

Smile, Breathe, and Go Slowly

 
 
Gratitude has been one of those topics that's been on my mind a great deal lately. It's an incredible feeling when you physically feel overcome with joy out of sheer gratitude. For me it's one of those emotions that sneaks up. A number of things call forth this emotion; post Savasana bliss after an exceptional power yoga class, a gorgeous hike on a bright sunny, day, or the simple delight from a fresh, home-made meal. It never seizes to amaze me the tremendous power that this feeling brings forth. A joy arising simply from marveling over all that you have been lucky enough to receive in life, the people you have been fortunate to cross paths with, and the opportunities that have unfolded before you. As much as its become almost a fad to give this oh-so cliché pointer, simply taking a few moments out of your day, each and every day, to stop and truly revel in the beauty of your life can make it just that...a very beautiful life. 

Beginning with this new year I have been quite blessed with an extraordinary new work opportunity which has granted me the opportunity to experience many of my day to day joys; biking to work, enjoying the waking hours of the morning with exercise, coffee, and a good breakfast, and learning something which I am truly excited to gain additional knowledge. Considering my naturally risk averse nature...being a Virgo primarily and holding sole responsibility for my financial security secondarily, this opportunity and new start came through more of a leap of faith than through any amount of luck, and for that I am very grateful that I had the courage to take the jump.

These photos are a collection of the many things which I derive much of my happiness and simple joys from: beauty in nature, yoga, eclectic cities, works of art, and of course, cute men on bikes! 

Photos: www.yogadvd.net, Studded Hearts blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment