Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Green Light District


Currently I'm in the midst of a love affair with my neighborhood. I have lived in the Santa Monica/ Venice area for over a year but ever so recently I've started to fully appreciate how fortunate I am to have landed a spot at my beachside abode. Now having the ability to bike to work in the Venice area, I've been granted with the additional luxury of an opportunity to enjoy this bright, friendly beachside city. The waking hours of my mornings are perhaps some of my favorite spent here. You can be assured I will be walking those extra three blocks in order to get my favorite cup of joe, and stopping by the farmer's market to get fresh cut sunflowers. I can truly spend my full weekend days getting entirely immersed in this bustling little hub. One of my absolute favorite things about my neighborhood is that my yoga studio is just so situated that it's too close to drive, but far enough away to bike. I spend many weekend afternoons biking home from an excellent yoga class in sheer bliss. Just these past several weeks spent biking to work rather than commuting on the major freeways of Los Angeles has tremendously improved my quality of life. Don't think there is anywhere that can pull me away from this wonderful beachside community...other than San Francisco perhaps!

Photos: Jon Snyder- wired.com, yelp, mainstreetsm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment